How CoPPS Works
CoPSS works with its partners in surgical education and training to facilitate the development of excellent surgical practitioners by:
- Consolidating a UK wide footprint as the single point of representation of those engaged with the business of the delivery of surgical training.
- Awareness and application of, and contribution to, the changing rules surrounding surgical training
- Maintaining respect for surgeons in training
- Exploring and encouraging opportunities for inter-professional learning with those non-medical clinicians with whom surgeons form the extended surgical team
- Recognising the tension generated for trainees who deliver valuable clinical service now but must have time to train to assure the service of the future, and strive to achieve a balance between the two
- Contributing to the development of a committed and educationally aware faculty of surgical supervisors and educational leaders